Mr. O makes me realize that fairy tales really do exist. You just create them along the way. Just saying.Â
This makes me happy:
I discovered this via my friend Rachel’s facebook 🙂
I am in love.
I keep telling my boyfriend (aka Mr. O) that I’m going to buy a billboard on the local highway and declare my love for him. He thinks I’m silly. I’m serious; I just don’t happen to have the money to be able to pull this off. I keep thinking about this nonexistent billboard too. I feel like I’m just bursting with love, and I want the whole wide world to know about it. Granted the whole wide world isn’t travelling through my hometown highway, but you get the point. I’m in love and I want everyone to know. So what’s a girl to do when she can’t devote her love to her guy via a humongous poster in the sky?
Write a blog post about it.
I feel very protective about my relationship. He is a pretty private person. I, on the other hand, tend to live a pretty public life. But it isn’t necessarily his need for privacy that I am trying to protect. I’m protective because I love what I have, and I refuse to let outside influences impact my relationship. So this creates a possible conundrum. What to share and what to keep to myself?
I try to keep slightly mum about Mr. O on the blog. I mean, I’ve written about how I am in a relationship, mentioned him quite a bit, but the details have been very vague. Here is some random information:
He is the sexiest man alive. It is true. I’m so attracted to him. Sometimes I just want to stare at him (well, more like all the time, but sometimes sounds less creepy). He is a fantastic father, and I love watching him with his son. He tickles me…like tickles me a lot. He opens my car doors for me; he surprises me, my mom and both my grandmothers withÂ flowers. He nurtures his friendships. He remembers EVERY SINGLE THING. I’m sure you could guess how important this would be to a girl who can’t remember what she said two sentences before. He cares about my writing. He goes out of his way to do stuff like cook dinner or wash the dishes so that I can have more time to do my homework or write a blog post.
He amazes me. Our commitment to our relationship amazes me. Having a partner who is truly just as committed to your union as you are is one of the greatest gifts you can ever receive in your life.
Being with Mr. O has made me want to be a better Erin. Not for him, not for our us, but for me. I feel good. I feel alive. I know that our love is a huge reason why I feel so grounded and safe and comfortable in life right now. I like who I am. I want to live in the present every moment of every day.
So while I may not be able to rent a billboard, I am totally able to write a blog post.
Thank you, Mr. O…. I love you.
“Oh I’ll stay with you through the ups and the downs
Oh I’ll stay with you when no one else is around
And when the dark clouds arrive
I will stay by your side
I know we’ll be alright
I will stay with you”
I like lists.
- I’m pretty proud of Ray Allen for breaking the 3 point record last week.
- I had the best Valentine’s Day of my life last night. It was heartfelt and noncommercial-just as it should be.
- Yes, I celebrated Valentine’s Day.
- MY GRANDMOTHER TURNED 100 YEARS OLD LAST WEEK!
- I’m kind of overwhelmed with life in general (in a good way). I just wish I felt more organized while feeling overwhelmed. I don’t mind being calm and pulled in a thousand directions. I do mind being disorganized.
- I turn in my first packet of the semester today. I guess I can take a day “off” tomorrow.
- Tomorrow I’m going party dress shopping.
- This weekend I will be going to Foxwoods to be celebrating my friends’ birthdays.
- I have unrealistic expectations about writing. Somehow I think just because I’m so dedicated to it that it should come naturally. It does not work that way. Writing takes practice. Regular practice.
- I started watching Glee, and all I can think about is how I should have started long, long ago.
- I haven’t updated my 101 in 1001 in a serious amount of time. MUST do so this week!
- The first official Masshole Writers meeting happened this past Saturday. It was spectacular.
- I love my FUMFA older brother and little sister like WOAH.
- I got my FUMFA Polar Bear Plunge tshirt in the mail. Cant wait to wear it!
…to be continued
“When the storm comes,
You shelter me.
And I don’t say a word,
AndÂ you know exactly what I mean.
In the darkest times,
YouÂ shine on me.
You set me free.
And keep me steady as we go.
So if your heart rings dry my love,
I will fill your cup.
And if your load gets heavy,
I will lift you up.
Troubles they may come and go,
But good times be theÂ gold.
So if this road gets rocky,
Just steady asÂ we go.
Shine on me.
Oh,Â shine, shine,
Shine on me.
YeahÂ shine on me.
Steady As We Go- DMB
IÂ love this!Â I know its old, but I didn’t have a chance to sit here and write up a long post this evening. So instead I chose to share a fun little videoÂ with you 🙂 I literally didn’t write ANYTHING that pertained to NaNoWriMo last night 🙁 But I have managed to get in 2,225 so far today, and I’m expecting there to be more. I’ll try to upload the exact number of words before 12a. But for now, I hope you enjoy!
So, there is a bunch of stuff I want to share with you, and I figured I’d give it to you all at once rather than try to create separate posts. (This could be because my brain is all jumbled, and I’m not sure what I’m even thinking yet or that I am lazy and only want to write one post or that I am so excited to share thatÂ I need to do it all at once… You choose.)
- My blog design is finished!! Yippee :)Â Do you love it, because I sure do! The wonderful Steph Anne from Yellow and Savvy Designs created this fantastic look for me. She was great to work with; she listened to what I wanted and was kind and helpful and just terrific to work with. Her prices are affordable, and she really goes out of her way to make sure you are satisfied with the final product. I would absolutely recommend her if any one is looking for a redesign.
- This videoÂ has been floating around the Internet for a little while now, but I figured I would jump on the bandwagon and post the link too. I’m pretty particular and opinionatedÂ about marriage proposals. I’ve worked in the wedding field in various roles- wedding consultant, florist, diamond salesperson, singer, designer, bridesmaid (always a bridesmaid, never a bride), guest, etc. One of my favorite engagement/wedding stories is the actual proposal, andÂ I think this guy got it right.
- There is just so much that I want to do, and I can’t quite figure out how to prioritize it “correctly.” Obviously, School and Work and Sleep are my top three priorities. There are other things I would like to do though. For example- I would like to do my laundry, take out my trash, paint a 3 piece painting to put over my bed, get my haircut, bring Fenway to the vet for her yearly checkup, watch last week’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy, watch pretty much all of Private Practice from last season, throw out or donate about 1/3 of the crap that I own, ride my bicycle which I once loved oh so much, blog, schedule my yearly body scan with my dermatologistÂ and cuddle my new baby niece. So what first?
- Oh, and yes, you read that correctly. I have a new baby niece. Little Miss Avery was born on 10/6/10 at 6:33am. She weighed 8lbs and 3oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She has the most wrinkly hands and feet EVER and a chubby little neck that sometimes makes her look like she has a double chin. ADORABLE! she makes the most expressive faces too. Usually pouty, angry faces. I love, love, love, love, love this child.
- Every time my friends or family members are almost ready to deliver their babies, I start to worry. A whole bunch. I’m mostly nervous that I won’t love the new child as much as I love the ones who are already around. I don’t know if you would agree or think I’m silly, but I do actually worry about this. When Ella was born, I was terrified I wouldn’t love her as much as Connor and Ally, even though I was going to be her Godmother (a responcibility I take very seriously). But I’ve realized that you just DO. I know it sounds unrealistic, and I actually think you love children differently…but not more or less. Its always so calming to realize my supply of love is pretty much endless. I love so much.
- Alicia Keys is even more gorgeous pregnant. I think she is just fantastic.
- I think all the videos and posts I’ve watched or read about how “It Gets Better Project” are fantastic.Â Please check out my friend Rachel’s video.
- I really love hip hop. I wonder if I’d still be a cool person if I never got introduced to rap and hip hop. I don’t think I would. Thank goodness I knew all the lyrics to Tupac’s “Hit Em Up” as a 6th grader.
I had a lot more thoughts popping around this ol’ head of mine before I started writing this post. But mid post, I started to think about my next packet I need to prepare for graduate school, and got a bit distracted. It happens.
It happens a lot actually…