So, there is a bunch of stuff I want to share with you, and I figured I’d give it to you all at once rather than try to create separate posts. (This could be because my brain is all jumbled, and I’m not sure what I’m even thinking yet or that I am lazy and only want to write one post or that I am so excited to share thatÂ I need to do it all at once… You choose.)
- My blog design is finished!! Yippee :)Â Do you love it, because I sure do! The wonderful Steph Anne from Yellow and Savvy Designs created this fantastic look for me. She was great to work with; she listened to what I wanted and was kind and helpful and just terrific to work with. Her prices are affordable, and she really goes out of her way to make sure you are satisfied with the final product. I would absolutely recommend her if any one is looking for a redesign.
- This videoÂ has been floating around the Internet for a little while now, but I figured I would jump on the bandwagon and post the link too. I’m pretty particular and opinionatedÂ about marriage proposals. I’ve worked in the wedding field in various roles- wedding consultant, florist, diamond salesperson, singer, designer, bridesmaid (always a bridesmaid, never a bride), guest, etc. One of my favorite engagement/wedding stories is the actual proposal, andÂ I think this guy got it right.
- There is just so much that I want to do, and I can’t quite figure out how to prioritize it “correctly.” Obviously, School and Work and Sleep are my top three priorities. There are other things I would like to do though. For example- I would like to do my laundry, take out my trash, paint a 3 piece painting to put over my bed, get my haircut, bring Fenway to the vet for her yearly checkup, watch last week’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy, watch pretty much all of Private Practice from last season, throw out or donate about 1/3 of the crap that I own, ride my bicycle which I once loved oh so much, blog, schedule my yearly body scan with my dermatologistÂ and cuddle my new baby niece. So what first?
- Oh, and yes, you read that correctly. I have a new baby niece. Little Miss Avery was born on 10/6/10 at 6:33am. She weighed 8lbs and 3oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She has the most wrinkly hands and feet EVER and a chubby little neck that sometimes makes her look like she has a double chin. ADORABLE! she makes the most expressive faces too. Usually pouty, angry faces. I love, love, love, love, love this child.
- Every time my friends or family members are almost ready to deliver their babies, I start to worry. A whole bunch. I’m mostly nervous that I won’t love the new child as much as I love the ones who are already around. I don’t know if you would agree or think I’m silly, but I do actually worry about this. When Ella was born, I was terrified I wouldn’t love her as much as Connor and Ally, even though I was going to be her Godmother (a responcibility I take very seriously). But I’ve realized that you just DO. I know it sounds unrealistic, and I actually think you love children differently…but not more or less. Its always so calming to realize my supply of love is pretty much endless. I love so much.
- Alicia Keys is even more gorgeous pregnant. I think she is just fantastic.
- I think all the videos and posts I’ve watched or read about how “It Gets Better Project” are fantastic.Â Please check out my friend Rachel’s video.
- I really love hip hop. I wonder if I’d still be a cool person if I never got introduced to rap and hip hop. I don’t think I would. Thank goodness I knew all the lyrics to Tupac’s “Hit Em Up” as a 6th grader.
I had a lot more thoughts popping around this ol’ head of mine before I started writing this post. But mid post, I started to think about my next packet I need to prepare for graduate school, and got a bit distracted. It happens.
It happens a lot actually…
I wish I knew sixth-grade Erin just so that I could see that rendition of “Hit ‘Em Up.”
LOVVVE the blog design!