Every year I do a yearly post to sum up my previous year. I don’t know why, but I never got around to posting my 2014 list. I found it in my drafts folder this weekend, and it was only missing a few answers. I feel too bad deleting it, so I’m simply backdating it all the way back to January 1st.
Happy New Year Y’all!
1. What did you do in 2014 that youâ€™d never done before?
Came down with pneumonia, went to Seattle, had a bridal shower in my honor, went to my own bachelorette party, got married, went on a honeymoon, went to Aruba, turned 30, got pregnant and changed careers.
2. Did you keep your new yearâ€™s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some of them. My main goal was to be a better Erin, and I think I really excelled at that one. My two secondary goals were to write 150 small things and walk 150 miles. I totally aced the writing (which was a shocker) and did about 70% of the intentional walking. I’m sure there were many, many more miles walked in 2014, but not planned miles.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one, but 2015 is going to be the year of babies for my close friends and acquaintances (oh, you know and me too).
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you didnâ€™t have in 2014?
7. What dates from 2014 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
My wedding date will by far be the most memorable day of 2014. Oh, and also the day that I found out I was pregnant.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Applying for my new job and really changing work routines/styles to become good at my job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I’m not quite sure I failed much at all in 2014. I might have made silly mistakes here and there, but in all honesty, I don’t feel as if I failed anything major this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had pneumonia in February, which was just awful.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Anything related to my wedding and honeymoon.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband’s. He was such a champ and so helpful when it came to planning and doing DIY projects for our wedding.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one! It was a wonderful year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off my student loans. It was so depressing to let the money go, and so exciting at the very same time.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Finding out that I was pregnant.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
My wedding song.
17.Â Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Slightly fatter since I’m pregnant, even though I’m barely showing.
c) richer or poorer? About the same
18. What do you wish youâ€™d done more of?
Organization. Between home and both of my jobs, I wish I were a little more organized. Things would have gone a little smoother.
19. What do you wish youâ€™d done less of?
Worrying. It ended up being the best year of my life. There was no need to worry about a thing.
20. How will you spend Christmas?
With family and friends, and our pal Logan the Elf.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. What was the best book you read?
Nothing stood out to me. Yikes. I need to make some big changes in 2015.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No discovery, but making playlists for my wedding was incredible.
25. What did you want and get?
Well, I wanted to get married, and guess what, it happened! I also wanted to get pregnant, and after some trying, I did!
26. What did you want and not get?
I got everything I was supposed to have in 2014. I’m so very blessed.
27. What was your favorite film of 2014?
The wedding video my brother made for us as our gift.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned the big 3-0. I went to work and was surprised by an ice cream cake from my co-workers and a flower delivery from my best friend.
29.Â What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Absolutely nothing. 2014 was a dream year for me.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2014?
31. What kept you sane?
Probably the people in my life. That, and knowing that no matter what happened, I felt pretty sure of the direction I was headed in life.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gosh, there were quite a few toward the end of the year. I think this country has a lot of growing and learning to do, and I think even more is going to come out into the spotlight during 2015.
33. Who did you miss?
A few friends that I wasn’t able to see as often as I’d like.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
At the end of the day, no matter what else happened, my only goal for my wedding day was to end it married to my husband. Everything else was just icing on the cake. I think that’s a good lesson for everything in life. No matter what happens throughout my pregnancy, my only goal is to birth healthy baby at the end. It doesn’t matter about the aches and pains or what the baby shower is like or how I plan on decorating for the baby, the only thing that makes a difference is that my baby is healthy. Same lesson can be applied to various work and life situations.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“All of me loves all of you.”