I have a whole lot of love in my heart. Most of the time, I don’t just like things, I love them. However, there are some things that I neither love nor like, and for that, I make no apologies.
- Nuts. While I may love peanut butter, I most certainly do not like peanuts. It’s a texture thing. I only sometimes will eat pistachios (every few years), and only ever eat other nuts if it is a complete accident.
- Being really drunk. I really enjoy being buzzed, but I feel very uncomfortable when I’m actually drunk. I’d much rather being in control and aware of my surroundings, and in no way do I like throwing up or being hung over.
- Mayonnaise. I don’t care if Mr. O teases me and says that I do in fact like it. I will very rarely ever eat mayo. Yes, folks, I do eat tuna salad, but that is the only time I eat mayo, and I like to pretend that I’m not really consuming mayo with my tuna.
- Â Cleaning the sidewalk after you trim the hedges. My parents have a large corner lot that is surrounded with bushes or hedges or whatever you choose to call them. It used to be my job as a kid to sweep the sidewalk and gather/toss everything after my father trimmed them. I hated this job.
- Shoveling snow. I have nothing more to say about this. I get really mad every time I have to shovel. Yes, I live in Massachusetts, but just because I live here doesn’t mean I have to like the weather.
- While I am grateful for public transportation, I can’t quite admit to liking it. Every time I need to go to Boston, I always struggle between driving in and taking the T. I really am not a fan of the T. I hate to rely on its schedule. It makes me feel carsick. I’m glad it’s there so I can use it when I need it, but I certainly don’t like it.
- The post office and I have never really meshed well. I can’t seem to go there without something going wrong.
- Wet socks. I would much rather be in flip-flops with wet feet than be in sneakers with wet socks. Having wet socks (like if you’re in the rain at an outdoor concert for example) totally grosses me out.