- I graduated from the best MFA program in the universe.
- My last residency was incredible. I loved meeting the incredible incoming class. I loved spending time with some of my mentors. I loved teaching my seminar and giving my reading. I loved it all.
- I am very happy with my graduation speech. It went so smoothly and I think I did a good job of involving the whole class in my speech. I’ve been toying with posting it here, but I’m not sure if I should.
- Wolverine’s birthday party was a blast. The weather held out all day, which meant no rain until the party was over! Our water slide also worked the entire time. Mr. O put a lot of hard work into patching the holes on the slide, and the kids loved playing on the slide.
- Announcing Spry Literary Journal. (Ha, I didn’t quite announce it yet, but the big announcement should come tomorrow!)
- Iâ€™m doing a great job keeping up with myÂ 365 photo project. As of today, I am on day 179.
Stinky July Moments:
- My dad had a heart attack while I was away at schoolÂ which was very scary. Because of this he and my mother couldn’t come to my graduation. I’m very lucky to have a great boyfriend who videotaped the whole thing so that they could watch me graduate from the comfort of their living room!
- Everything happened at once. Between school, work, the literary journal, another editing project I’m involved in and my personal life… everything happened this month. Oh, well. All good stuff.
- Running into people I’d rather not see.
Other Mentionable Moments:
- My fantastic friend gave birth to a healthy little baby girl. Welcome to the world Isabella.
- Wolverine, my dad, Lauren, Kerri,Â LinseyÂ and both of my grandparentsÂ all celebrated birthdays. Those sameÂ grandparents alsoÂ celebratedÂ their 65thÂ wedding anniversary.
Iâ€™m looking forward to____ in August:
August should be busy!Â Mr. O, Wolverine and I will be road-trippingÂ down to DCÂ and then headingÂ to Virginia to visitÂ some great friends and their new baby girl.Â We are also hopingÂ toÂ go camping this month. We’re going to a carnival and my brother’sÂ annual cookout (which I’ve missed the past two years).Â August 15th will be the first day my literary journal will be accepting submissions.
July was incredible. I’m so happy and proud of the fact that I graduated from my MFA program. At the same time though, I will miss it terribly. I’m so grateful that my dad is okay and I hope his healing process is smooth. I’m glad that Wolverine loved his actual birthday and his birthday party. I’m tired, but happy.
Want to know more about my experiences in 2012? Check out the previous months:Â JanuaryÂ andÂ FebruaryÂ andÂ MarchÂ andÂ AprilÂ and MayÂ and June