- I went to AugustenÂ Burrough’s reading and book signing in Boston with the lovely Michaela.
- Mr. O and I also went to Fenway park
- My thesis is 100% complete. Wow. I don’t even know what to say about that.
- I found out I’m going to be an auntie again for the 5th time!
- One of Mr. O’s closest friends baby was born. I’m so happy for N &J!
- And to keep the baby theme going, we found out that another one of Mr. O’s closest friends is having a baby in November!
- Iâ€™m actually keeping up with my 365 photo project. As of today, I am on day 118.
- Mr. O and I found a bunch of four-leafÂ clovers this month. Wolverine actually found his first four-leafÂ clover–all by himself too– although it was hacked a bit by a lawn mower. Either way, that’sÂ pretty cool for a 5-year-old. I didn’t find my first clover until I was 24!
Stinky May Moments:
- It was a slightly gloomy month with the amount of fog/rain/clouds we had this month.
- This month was full of a LOT of last-minute mini revisions. Lots of lists and organization to figure out what else I needed to get together. Plus, I spent a lot of time at the post office getting things mailed out to the right people.
- For years now, I keep forgetting to buy my parking passes for a Sox game THE WEEK BEFORE THE GAME!!!! I seem to always think I can buy them a day or two before the game. This is not the case! You must buy them one week before the game for a SIGNIFICANT discount. Otherwise you’re just going to waste money on the day of!
Other Mentionable Moments:
- My writing group is meeting at my favorite Vietnamese/Cantonese/Cambodian restaurant this evening. Yum yum yum.
- My mom celebrated a big birthday this month. It was also Ryan S. and Ryan G.’s birthday; they are married to two of my close girlfriends and I love them so.
- My friends Holly and Ryan celebrated their second anniversaryÂ and it was alsoÂ the sixth anniversary of my best friend’s parents’ wedding.
- Holly also found out she was having a boy!
Iâ€™m looking forward to____ in June:
The strange thing about this section is for once I don’t have much to write about! I have a bunch of friends who have birthdays this month, so maybe there will be some get-togethers, but honestly, there is almost nothing planned! I have a wedding to attend on the 30th, and we’re taking Mr. O’s sister out for a belated birthday dinner this weekend. I do have more to do in preparation for school next month, but it looks like the rest of June will be relaxing. I expect to be watching a bunch of Tball games, playing at the park and enjoying the nice weather.
I think May was a really nice month. The weather is getting warmer, which I absolutely love. That being said, it was kind of gloomy and rainy for much of the month, and that was no fun. Overall though, I spent a lot of time outside– at Wolverine’s Tball games and cookouts for Mother’s Day and Memorial Day and trips to the park. I can’t believe I did so much school work and actually MAILED IN my completed, approved thesis to Fairfield. I’m done? Really?
Want to know more about my experiences in 2012? Check out the previous months: January and February and MarchÂ and April
You’re dooooooone your thesis YAY!! Congrats!! Looks like you had a busy month. My June seems pretty relaxing compared to May too, so we’ll see how things turn out!
Fingers crossed that both of us have nice, relaxing Junes 🙂
Oh wow!!! CONGRATS on finishing up your thesis! That is absolutely amazing 🙂 I’ll bet June ends up being chock-full of fun–and it sounds like you’ll have some time to decompress which is always nice too.
I hope so! I bet I will have some more relaxation time. Looks like you guys are having a great time in Germany! That makes me happy 🙂
hi there! thanks for stopping by my blog! you’re a new englander too! nice to “meet” you and looking forward to reading more of you!
Thanks for stopping by here Brooke too! I didn’t even know you were a new englander, but I look forward to reading more of your blog!