Can you believe February is over? I honestly cannot. I feel as if it was just New Year’s Day, but two whole months have passed. Last month I promised you that I would be recapping my months for all of 2012, so since I like to keep my promises, here is February…
- I got LASIK eye surgery, and everything went so smoothly. I can see! This experience has been incredible, and I feel so fortunate for my great vision.
- Getting my first thesis packet back from Kim Dana Kupperman. She is an incredible mentor to work with, and I am so pumped for this semester.
- I signed up for Statejoy’s Fierce Love Course. I know I barely have time to sleep, and this is another thing I will need to make a priority, but you know what? I think it is a great decision. It is about time I make myself a priority in life. Plus, the lovely San and I decided to be Fierce Love buddies and keep each other in check.
- Mr. O and I ate lobsters again for Valentine’s Day, but this year we shared the meal with Wolverine and my parents.
- I started my 365 pictures goal for my 101 in 1001 challenge.
- My resolution for the month was to Purge! I kicked ass at that goal this month. I can’t wait to share all the pictures with you next month.
Stinky February Moments:
- Mr. O’s car has been giving him a bit of a hard time.
- This is my thesis semester. Boo. It is a lot of work. (I’m thinking this might be here every month).
- I feel like I did quite a bit of laundry this month. It isn’t so much that laundry is a bad thing, the problem is that Mr. O has pointed out to me (quite fairly) that my ironing skills are so-so at best. Que sera, sera. I tried.
Other Mentionable Moments:
- My grandmother turned 101 years old this month.
- My wonderful friends Sarah, Monica, Jim, Jenn, my cousin Briget, Mr. O’s sister, and my best friend’s mom all celebrated their birthdays.
- It is a Leap Year! I’m obviously unsure of what today will have in store for me, but I’m planning on making the best of it. I think Mr. O and I are going to write a note to us to be read the next leap year. That should be fun.
I’m looking forward to____ in March:
- Mr. O, Wolverine and I will be taking a weekend away in New Hampshire.
- Going to the Blog Better Boston Conference and meeting my lovely friend Kate (and new friends too!)
- Kicking ass with the new writing I need to do this semester.
- Putting effort into the Fierce Love Course.
February was an okay month. Everything seemed so busy. I have a lot of work and a lot of schoolwork to get done. Not sure how I am going to accomplish it all. Mr. O and I have been settling in quite well, and I love our routines and everyday life stuff. I’m worried about my friend whose husband, sister and niece are all extremely ill. I can’t wait until all my friends start having their babies! I’ve got one coming in March, one in April, another in May, one in July and one in September! I love infants. I can’t wait to hold one. Not much more to really say about February. It was a busy month. I felt a bit overwhelmed all month. It was a nice month though, not bad at all…just looking forward to March. I can’t wait until Spring is officially here.
Want to know more about my year? Check out the previous months:
I’m so glad your LASIK went well. What an amazing thing to be able to SEE!
It is really incredible. I can’t explain it any other way. I love it.
I think monthly recaps is a great idea – maybe I”ll steal it from you and do it next month 🙂 At least you have “so-so” ironing skills. I don’t bother with ironing – the only clothing item I have that requries ironing is my show shirt for riding and if I ever need it (which I haven’t in a few years …) – I just thorw it in the dryer and VOILA! Fluffy and wrinkle-free! Nathan has to iron his own shirts but he doesn’t usually bother, either.
Oh I’m totally with you Holly. I try to do that as often as possible. It just seems like no matter what my work pants and shirts (and Mr. O’s) needs ironing even if i happen to pull it out of the dryer right away. I also don’t think my dryer is working too great anymore, so I bet if I had a better dryer, I could probably do it.
And you totally should do a monthly recap too! Why not recap February in the next few days? Who cares if it is a little late? When I did January, I think I recapped it in the first week of February.
Hey there! Found your blog through Twitter/we have a lot of blog friends in common 🙂
You had some great accomplishments in February, so awesome! I started my Project 365 a few months ago on Facebook and I’m having a lot of fun with it still. It’s the THIRD time I try to get through it, and it’s the first time I’ve actually been pretty successful.
I was also talking to San and she mentioned (because I’ve been debating buying Fierce Love) that you guys were keeping each other in check with it, which is awesome! I’ve been wondering whether or not it would be worth it for me, but I think I may take the plunge very soon!
You’ve been busy. Good luck with your final thesis work … can you believe it is here already?
Good for you.
No! I cannot for the life of me believe it is over. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were all sitting in Lary’s class which would have been my first semester and your final full semester. So wild, indeed.