So last week I mentioned how I always want to do an end of the year recap, but I never seem to make time for it in January. I’m going to try to work around that for 2012 and better prepare myself. I’ve decided to end each month by writing a post which recaps the highlights (and pitfalls) that happened during the month. That way, at the end of 2012, my year will already be summed up for me.
- Mr. O and I did the Polar Bear Plunge. It was my second time and his first.
- I was chosen by my fellow classmates to be the graduation speaker in July!
- OfficiallyÂ living with Mr. O
- Finding out that Kim Dana Kupperman would be my thesis semester mentor!
- Mr. O and I celebrated our anniversary
- Finding out another super duper close friend is having a baby!
Stinky January Moments:
- I got sick right after I came back from school. Which means that I needed to take more time off of work after just being away for ten days.
- One of my very close friends who is pregnant fell at work and needed to be admitted to the hospital for a few days. Now she is on home rest for the rest of her pregnancy. But, things seem to be okay. She is still having a lot of issues, but the longer the baby stays inside, the better things will be. Stay in, baby. It is cold out here!
- When we moved, it was the day after a huge snowstorm, and Mr. O’s old landlord didn’t shovel the walks or the driveways. Not fun.
- Starting my thesis semester. Boo. Now, I could have mentioned this in the highlight section, as it is exciting to even be in my final semester of graduate school, but I chose to put it in the stinky section for a few reasons. 1)It means I’m going to have to work my ass off this semester. I’m lazy. 2) It means that I am going to graduate, and as cool as it will be to have MFA, I’m going to desperately miss my writing program.
- A person I care about found out that both her husband and sibling are very sick. I need my blogging friends to rally their positive, healing thoughts together to send good energy their way.
Other Mentionable Moments:
- My handsome nephew turned four years old.
- His mother-Â my sister-in-law- also had a birthday.
- My mentor from last semester celebrated another year of awesomeness as well. Happy bday PK!
- I finished my final residency in graduate school. Yes, I still have a residency in July to attend, but it will be a bit different since it will be my graduation residency. In July I’ll have to teach a seminar, give a reading of my work and graduate! It was an interesting residency since the septic broke on the island where we stay. But they were kind enough to put us up in hotels off island, so I can’t complain.
I’m looking forward to____ in February:
- LASIK eye surgery! I won’t lie; I’m quite nervous about this one.
- Valentine’s Day. Last year Mr. O and I had a perfect VDay. This year Wolverine will be joining us, so I’m sure it’s going to be absolutely epic.
- Kicking ass with the new writing I need to do this semester.
- A baby shower for one of my close friends
- A handful of birthdays for people I love a whole lot.
The Polar Plunge? Please tell me it’s not what I think it is… 😉
Sending positive thoughts for your friend’s husband and sibling. This is exceptionally tough 🙁
Ha, Yes, San, I think the Polar Plunge is what you’re thinking of…. when you run and jump into the ocean on New Year’s Day.
Thank you for the positive thoughts. She really really needs all the positive thinking.
woooowee i didnt kno u were getting Lasik…maybe i did…u know my memory 🙂 Let me know how it is!!!!!!!!!! Sending tons of positive thoughts for the husband and sibling of your friend. <3
ya for me being a January highlight woohoo! :0)~
Thanks Sa, please keep sending the thoughts. They need so much healthy thoughts. It is such a sad situation.
I am getting Lasik… on Friday actually! How wild is that???
I want to get Lasik surgery – but I’m a wimp. And I’m cheap 😀
I did a polar plunge once – it was insane!
Oh I hear you, I’m using my flexible spending account at work to help me with savings. Is Lasik expensive in Canada???
I loved doing the plunge. If I’m able to, I’ll do it every year!
What an eventful month!! I went to our Polar Plunge here, but just as a spectator. It was super sunny and in the upper 60s though, so not too polar 😉 I hope your friend and her baby stay healthy. I have heard amazing things about LASIK!
Erin, I am also doing my thesis this semester. I FEEL YOUR PAIN.