Have you recently found your way over here from Erin or Ashley’s blogs?Â If so, welcome! Make yourself at home. I bet youâ€™re wondering, â€œWho is this Erin character?â€ Now,Â that isÂ a good question. The easiest way to get a brief overview of who I am is to check out the â€œAbout the Girlâ€ tab at the top of this page (which really does need to be updated, sigh). However, Iâ€™ve provided a short list below because I like to make things nice and simple for you.
- Iâ€™m afraid of bees. However, alligators are my favorite animals.
- I am a graduate student studying creative nonfiction and I do a lot of whining about how I procrastinate too much. (I also donâ€™t have good grammar on this blog, beware!)
- Besides my day job, I have a part-timeÂ gig as a relief worker for adults with mental illnesses, and I also coordinate and plan events such as weddings and concerts. (I’m available for hire! Wink Wink)
- If I told you that I was a great cook then Iâ€™d be lying to you, and I really am an honest person. I can however tell you that I want to be a good cook one day. My boyfriend makes fantastic meals; heâ€™s teaching me what he knows, and the rest we plan on learning together. I’ve been updating this blog with all the cooking I’ve been doing. I cook every single week. Occasionally I’ve been recooking some previously attempted meals, but I like to try new things best.
- I think everyone really should have a lucky number and a favorite color.
- I also really want to know peopleâ€™s middle names. I try to imagine what the middle names might be if people don’t tell me.
- If it wasnâ€™t for 20 Something Bloggers, I donâ€™t know if I would have continued to blog since I first started in 2008. I also owe a lot of my blogging gratitude to my 101 in 1001 goals list and NaBloPoMo and NaNoWriMo and Grace in Small Things as well.
- I love everything about home improvement. However, I still do not own my own home. Still, I fantasize about home design projects and knocking down walls and painting and everything that could have to do with houses. Mr. O and I are trying to buy a house right now,Â but the process isn’t as glamorous as it may seem.
- I love to travel. Anywhere.
And here are some of the key players on this blog:
- Mr. O: The most wonderful man in the world (at least in my eyes). As corny as it may sound, Mr. O is my boyfriend and my best friend. I tend to profess my love for him on here. Â I’m apologizing for that ahead of time.
- Wolverine: The most wonderful boy in the world. Wolverine is Mr. O’s son, and he truly makes every single one of my days better by just being in it. I try not to write too much about him on the blog, but I occasionally profess my love for him as well.
- Fairfield University MFA Program: I write a LOT about my grad school experiences, and on top of that, you have the chance to get to know some of my classmates, like Phil and AJ and Reuben (who was a guest blogger twice!) and BrookeÂ and Ioanna.
- Fenway: My Chihuahua/Terrier mix. Sheâ€™s a rescue dog I adopted while living in Virginia. She definitely keeps me on my toes.
Ohâ€¦and these things happen often around these parts.
- The Defining Moments Guest Series: So far Amanda, AJ, Phil, Brooke, Reuben, Heidi ,Kat, Micaela, Justin, Michaela (with an ‘H’), Holly and IoannaÂ have all posted about moments of reinvention or inspiration. This series has been a big hit for my readers, and I am always looking for more people to write a guest blog on this topic. You donâ€™t have to be a regular blogger to do this. Kat wasnâ€™t a blogger when she first wrote her post for meâ€¦ now she has a Tumblr. Micaela still isn’t a blogger, but enjoyed the experience.
- My Lessons- The Thoughts on Love Series: Now, Iâ€™m not an expert, but Iâ€™ve been thinking a lot about love this yearâ€¦what it takes to be in a relationship, choices people make, how other people can affect your relationships, etc. I started this series to share my observations, thoughts and feelings.
So… That’s all folks! I’d love it if you introduced yourself, because I love to check out new blogs. Have an amazing day!
Hello Erin, I’ve started reading your blog a little while ago ( and I think you might have stopped by mine?!), but wanted to say “hi” again.
I am San, German, living in sunny California with my (American) husband. I do not have a middle name, just FYI. (It’s not a mandatory thing in Germany, although I know people with middle names – both my parents have middle names, but decided against it for my sister and me ;)). I work as a geologist, but really like to read, blog, craft, be outdoors. Oh, and I am a (fraternal) twin – as a random fact!)
Thanks for stopping by again San! I love “meeting” new readers, and I have been loving reading your blog. I didn’t know you were a twin! Thanks for commenting 🙂