- Breaking Bad
- To Catch a Predator
- Full House
- Family Matters
- Private Practice
- Unsolved Mysteries
Ever wonder what your blogger friends are watching on TV? On occasion I’ll mention my favorite TV shows during my monthly “Currently” series, but I don’t think I’ve ever listed all of them. So here goes in no particular order.
Happy New Year Y’all!
I hope you had a safe and happy New Year’s Eve. The lovely Angela Noelle was kind enough to share these 1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Polar Bear Plunge on 1/1/11. Broke my foot. Traveled to PA and VT. Ate pho. Got my first real grown up tree. This list could go on an on and on.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t really make NY resolutions. I followed a Cuban tradition of eating 12 red grapes and making 12 goals or intentions as I like to call them. I think I did really great with my intentions. I did the same tradition again this year with Mr. O. Thank you Daisy for bring that into my life.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, actually, I don’t think so. But I do have two nieces who turned one this year, and now I have three close friends to me pregnant, and another real good friend too!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My sister-in-law’s grandfather. He was close to our family, and I do miss him when we have family gatherings. Plus, I didn’t like to see her hurt.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the United States in 2011!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
I have everything I need. But one thing I will get in 2012 (well, unless something goes drastically wrong) is a DIPLOMA!! I’ll have my MFA 🙂
7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I first saw Mr. O, and then every day between that and the first time he told me he loved me. It was the perfect beginning to a relationship.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
My 3rd semester project. I also felt very proud when I was elected by my peers to be our graduation speaker. Losing a little weight (to a # I hadn’t seen on the scale in a decade) although, I haven’t checked my weight in the past few weeks, and god knows I’ve gained a few pounds.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failure? Hmm. Nothing. If there was any time that I “failed” I definitely learned from those moments, and I can’t consider learning moments failures.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I broke my foot on 1/4/11.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Vacations? I like the iPhone, although I wish I didn’t drop my Droid in the ocean.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mr. O. He is kind and loving.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ha. I get appalled by people who are disrespectful. I sometimes feel sad FOR people when they act pathetically, but I’ve learned to not give any emotional response to people who don’t deserve it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The house fund. Or: school, vacations, Christmas and birthdays
15. What did you get really excited about?
Being in a happy, healthy relationship. Surprise presents from my guy. Our vacations, especially when Wolverine came with us. Learning how to cook.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
A song I love from John Legend
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Richer. House money safely in the bank and no credit card debt (well, after I get paid this week to finish paying the damn Christmas gifts)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Care about other people’s actions/thoughts. I only want to care about my own actions, and those of the people who are vital in my life.
20. How will you spend Christmas?
I spent it with Mr. O, Wolverine and both our families.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Oh, yes, yes I did. And if you couldn’t tell that from reading this blog, please get your vision checked.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t like television that much, but surprisingly, I loved New Girl and XFactor.
23. What was the best book you read?
Oh goodness. I read so much for school, I honestly do not know. I think my favorite thing I read was an essay at school in a workshop. I’ll remember the name and edit the blog when I do.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
SAde and John Legend together in concert. YES!
25. What did you want and get?
Two fantastic guys: Mr. O and Wolverine.
26. What did you want and not get?
In 2011 I received more than I could possibly ask for.
27. What was your favorite film of 2011?
Tough one. Well, we went to the theaters to see Transformers and Hangover. Those were good.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and went out with a bunch of great friends. Mr. O, my bestie and I went to lunch and the batting cages on my actual bday.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Buying a house is not as fun as it seems 😉
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011?
Stop trying to look “pretty” and feel “pretty” in what you already own. I guess I’m learning to dress in my own style, and not feeling like I have to wear the same thing as everybody else? Does that make sense?
31. What kept you sane?
Having great people- especially Mr. O and Wolverine- around me.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Osama Bin Ladin getting killed. After you have a friend die overseas, it is tough to understand the “War” as well as you thought you once did. Then to have the #1 Most Wanted person killed, it’s kind of like…What Now? Does his death justify my friend’s? And I personally can’t celebrate easily in another person being killed, so I had mixed emotions about that in general.
33. Who did you miss?
I missed Mr. O while I was away at school. And Wolverine, especially him this time around. People talk about the quirky things their kids say and do and it really makes me wonder what he is doing, and how school is and what books he is reading at night etc. I miss Poppa (my SIL’s grandfather) around the holidays and family parties. I miss Robert a bunch. I miss my dog Khiva here and there even though it has been 4 whole years since she has passed away.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Every single thing is a choice. Everything.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
In this life, we all know
Friends may come, and they may go
Through the years I know
I will stay
I think I completed my goal this year in regards to buying all my presents before my brother’s birthday (12/13). I’ve got 6 important birthdays and Christmas all within one month. It is not easy financially. I’ve got to be organized when it comes to shopping.
I think I mentioned that I finished my 3rd Semester Project: The Story Behind the Status. I was so excited for it to be complete, but I felt so strange the next day. Like, “What now? What do I do now that is complete?” Well, I have quite a bit that I can do now, so I’m not concerned, but it is sad to see the project completed. I know I can do more with it in the future, I just need to buckle down and finish my thesis now.
Thesis? Ugh. What shall I write about in my thesis? Here are a bunch of possible ideas that I have: 1) I could have written a memoir if I didn’t spend my time doing ________. 2)The process of buying a house 3)The important of integrating grapefruit, yogurt and cookies and cream chocolate into your diet. I could really use suggestions. What would you guys like to see me write about?
There are a lot of blog related things I need to do, like redesign this blog, or launch my new self hosted 101 in 1001 goals blog. Who wants to help me?
Also, does anyone have any suggestions of things I can try cooking for dinner? How about a chicken or pork recipe? I haven’t cooked with those much, so send them my way!
Anyone have freelance writing opportunities they want to share with me? I need to beef up my income a little, so point me in the right direction guys.
My anniversary with Mr. O is next month. What should I get/do for that dreamboat?
I love the tv show The New Girl.
I miss me some Gray’s Anatomy. I haven’t watched it once this season.
I’m so worried that I will forget to blog today (day 5 of NaBloPoMo, woot woot!) so I figured I’d might as well just do it now, even if I don’t have that much to say.
I’m watching Hoarders right now; I’m a big fan of the show, and all I want to do is run upstairs and clean, clean, clean. My house isn’t dirty, but I do have a lot of laundry to do. I guess it is a good motivator for me.
What I should be doing is finishing the first draft of my critical project for graduate school. I’m still accepting submissions if you want to check it out! I just have so much to write, and so little written. Ugh, how and why do I do this to myself.
I got Taco Bell for lunch. I know, I know, after I finished my lunch, I regretted that decision.
Dang, didn’t think the post would be this boring. Bear with me 😉
Inspired by Ashley and Becky’s posts, I decided to also share all the things I don’t do.
Ashley wrote about the mask of perfection, in the sense that, while there are so many wonderful things she has experienced or witnessed via blogging, she also see so much “perfection” on blogs that just seem too good to be true. She suggested we “declare ourselves rife with imperfection” (love that phrase) which I think is just the greatest thing we can all do. Here goes nothing…
- While I do actually work at my 101 in 1001 list, I never update the blog. This drives me insane personally, because I take notes and take photos; all I need to do is post them. My first 101 list ended on 10/1/2011, and my second one started 10/2/11. I haven’t even posted or updated anything about the new list! I’m so behind schedule.
- I don’t write nearly as much as a graduate student (in creative writing) should. I hate to admit it, but it is true. That is something I have been working on very hard this semester, and I should probably pat myself on the back and admit that it is slightly getting better.
- I haven’t been on the 20SB site in forever. I love the community and what it has grown to be, but I’m neglecting it.
- I buy birthday, holiday, new house, new baby, new job, congratulations, thank you, retirement and sympathy cards all the time. When I need one, I usually fill it out and address it. Then it sits somewhere stamp-less for way too long. I just found a card for one of my friend’s who got an awesome job in May. It is November and it was never mailed.
- I don’t know how to cook very much. I can cook killer breakfasts: anything with eggs, pancakes, waffles, french toast, cinnamon rolls, monkey bread. I make a mean spaghetti, great chow mein, mac and cheese, oh yeah I made a great salmon (like twice) ehhhh… I can grill stuff good too. I sear a tuna like a pro. Basically, I’ve been learning how to cook. Mr. O has been helping me learn, and I’m excited about it.
- I don’t spend as much time with my grandparents as I would like to. I know how important it is, and I just need to put more effort in.
- I don’t comment on blogs like I used to. I read every single post in my reader, and I “star” so many of them so that when I have a chance I can go over and comment. But 1/2 the time I never end up doing it. 🙁
- I don’t ever complete a NaBloPoMo. Ever. I’m on day three and going strong though, so I’ve got hope for this month.
- I don’t clean my apartment like a normal human. I’m hardly ever there, so I tend to just let things pile up until it is a big mess and then try like hell to attack it all at once.
- I don’t do my laundry more than once a week. In fact there is a good chance that I do my laundry every other week. How? Well, I’m fortunate to own a LOT of clothing. The only thing that stinks about this is that I usually do a LOT of loads all at once.
- I don’t get my oil changes on time… EVER. I wait and I wait and I wait and then the guilt piles up and finally I get it done.
- I don’t send attachments in emails. Most of the time. I’ll send an email out at work that says something like, “reference the attached email,” but then forget to attach it.
- I don’t remember half of what I am supposed to. It is sad, but true. Lists keep me sane.
- I don’t complete 98% of the DIY or craft projects I aim to. I still however love to shop at Michael’s and AC Moore.
- I don’t watch Grey’s Anatomy this season. It is my favorite show, but I just can’t remember to put it on.
- I don’t wash my hair everyday. If I did it would be stringy and gross. However. If I go more than 48 hours without washing it, it will be ridiculously greasy. It’s a lose-lose.
- I don’t floss as often as I should. I’ve got no excuses for this one.
- I don’t write in my diary. I like my diary, but between school, this blog and the talking I do with friends and family, there isn’t that much more to say.
- I don’t wake up early enough for work every single morning, which in turns make me rushed and almost/sometimes late.
Mr. O makes me realize that fairy tales really do exist. You just create them along the way. Just saying.
This is pretty awesome too. I’m a fan. Quite a fan.
This makes me happy:
I discovered this via my friend Rachel’s facebook 🙂
These are the characters I’ve been missing lately…
Bert and Ernie
Lamb Chop, Charlie Horse, Hush Puppy
I love this! I know its old, but I didn’t have a chance to sit here and write up a long post this evening. So instead I chose to share a fun little video with you 🙂 I literally didn’t write ANYTHING that pertained to NaNoWriMo last night 🙁 But I have managed to get in 2,225 so far today, and I’m expecting there to be more. I’ll try to upload the exact number of words before 12a. But for now, I hope you enjoy!
Seriously? I have no words, because this is the best video I have watched in the longest time. You better believe I am going to go get a tee shirt now 🙂 FCKH8!
THIS…is just another reason I am proud to have Barack Obama as my President. How awesome is it that he posted an “It Gets Better” video?
I think that kids, especially the younger ones, will be really moved by seeing the leader of their country step up and share his support and opinion.
I am a huge supporter of Gay Rights, and I wish that America could be less prejudice and more accepting. I think that the President of the United States posting a video like this is just fantastic. The rights of gays and lesbians unfortunately isn’t caught up to heterosexuals, but having the leader of our country speak directly to folks being bullied because of their sexual identity is a sign that maybe this country is moving in the right direction.