Mr. O makes me realize that fairy tales really do exist. You just create them along the way. Just saying.
This makes me happy:
I discovered this via my friend Rachel’s facebook
I am in love.
I keep telling my boyfriend (aka Mr. O) that I’m going to buy a billboard on the local highway and declare my love for him. He thinks I’m silly. I’m serious; I just don’t happen to have the money to be able to pull this off. I keep thinking about this nonexistent billboard too. I feel like I’m just bursting with love, and I want the whole wide world to know about it. Granted the whole wide world isn’t travelling through my hometown highway, but you get the point. I’m in love and I want everyone to know. So what’s a girl to do when she can’t devote her love to her guy via a humongous poster in the sky?
Write a blog post about it.
I feel very protective about my relationship. He is a pretty private person. I, on the other hand, tend to live a pretty public life. But it isn’t necessarily his need for privacy that I am trying to protect. I’m protective because I love what I have, and I refuse to let outside influences impact my relationship. So this creates a possible conundrum. What to share and what to keep to myself?
I try to keep slightly mum about Mr. O on the blog. I mean, I’ve written about how I am in a relationship, mentioned him quite a bit, but the details have been very vague. Here is some random information:
He is the sexiest man alive. It is true. I’m so attracted to him. Sometimes I just want to stare at him (well, more like all the time, but sometimes sounds less creepy). He is a fantastic father, and I love watching him with his son. He tickles me…like tickles me a lot. He opens my car doors for me; he surprises me, my mom and both my grandmothers with flowers. He nurtures his friendships. He remembers EVERY SINGLE THING. I’m sure you could guess how important this would be to a girl who can’t remember what she said two sentences before. He cares about my writing. He goes out of his way to do stuff like cook dinner or wash the dishes so that I can have more time to do my homework or write a blog post.
He amazes me. Our commitment to our relationship amazes me. Having a partner who is truly just as committed to your union as you are is one of the greatest gifts you can ever receive in your life.
Being with Mr. O has made me want to be a better Erin. Not for him, not for our us, but for me. I feel good. I feel alive. I know that our love is a huge reason why I feel so grounded and safe and comfortable in life right now. I like who I am. I want to live in the present every moment of every day.
So while I may not be able to rent a billboard, I am totally able to write a blog post.
Thank you, Mr. O…. I love you.
“Oh I’ll stay with you through the ups and the downs
Oh I’ll stay with you when no one else is around
And when the dark clouds arrive
I will stay by your side
I know we’ll be alright
I will stay with you”
I like lists.
- I’m pretty proud of Ray Allen for breaking the 3 point record last week.
- I had the best Valentine’s Day of my life last night. It was heartfelt and noncommercial-just as it should be.
- Yes, I celebrated Valentine’s Day.
- MY GRANDMOTHER TURNED 100 YEARS OLD LAST WEEK!
- I’m kind of overwhelmed with life in general (in a good way). I just wish I felt more organized while feeling overwhelmed. I don’t mind being calm and pulled in a thousand directions. I do mind being disorganized.
- I turn in my first packet of the semester today. I guess I can take a day “off” tomorrow.
- Tomorrow I’m going party dress shopping.
- This weekend I will be going to Foxwoods to be celebrating my friends’ birthdays.
- I have unrealistic expectations about writing. Somehow I think just because I’m so dedicated to it that it should come naturally. It does not work that way. Writing takes practice. Regular practice.
- I started watching Glee, and all I can think about is how I should have started long, long ago.
- I haven’t updated my 101 in 1001 in a serious amount of time. MUST do so this week!
- The first official Masshole Writers meeting happened this past Saturday. It was spectacular.
- I love my FUMFA older brother and little sister like WOAH.
- I got my FUMFA Polar Bear Plunge tshirt in the mail. Cant wait to wear it!
…to be continued
“When the storm comes,
You shelter me.
And I don’t say a word,
And you know exactly what I mean.
In the darkest times,
You shine on me.
You set me free.
And keep me steady as we go.
So if your heart rings dry my love,
I will fill your cup.
And if your load gets heavy,
I will lift you up.
Troubles they may come and go,
But good times be the gold.
So if this road gets rocky,
Just steady as we go.
Shine on me.
Oh, shine, shine,
Shine on me.
Yeah shine on me.
Steady As We Go- DMB