So, as I mentioned in my most recent installment at Hooray Collective (yes, Pooping Rainbows has been renamed!), I have a sincere love for Logan, my Elf on the Shelf. Seeing as I haven’t posted pictures of his 2013 mischief on the blog, I figured I would do a post of our favorite moments from this holiday season. Our elf has flown back to the North Pole to get started on the 2014 holiday season, and we miss him terribly. Thanks, Logan for a great 2013.
I’m going to be making desserts for my family dinners this year, and because there are going to be a pretty even mixture of adults and children, I thought it would be fun to make one “fun” recipe and another more “serious” dish. So I’m making my apple pie and I’m also making cake batter cookies and rice krispies treats!
Now with the amount of sugar and marshmallows in the two recipes, they may not be considered the healthiest treats around. However, I think we should all do what we can to make little changes, so in the following two recipes I am going to substitute I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (< MY FAVORITE) for regular ol’ butter. I also use Country Crock when I cook at home, but I just happened to use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter for these two desserts.
The apple pie is my favorite. I cooked my first apple pie by using this recipe in 2006. Since then, I’d say I’ve made probably about 5 pies, and every single time I change the recipe as I’m too lazy to look it up again. Here is what I used this time:
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://www.reinventingerin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/IMG_20110417_133134.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]All Purpose Flour: 2 Tablespoons
8 or 9 Granny Smith Apples (this time I added about 4 or 5 red apples too!
Pie Crust (from the store!)
1 cup of sugar
Cinnamon: 1 Tablespoon
Nutmeg: 1 Teaspoon
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter: 2-4 Tablespoons.
One lemon (both the juice and zest)[/author_info] [/author]
So basically, you will peel and cut your apples. Next you can grate your lemon peel and juice it over the apples. Mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and about 1 tablespoon of butter. After you’ve got that all mixed up, you can literally toss it in your crust and cover with the second layer of dough.
Next, you’ll beat the egg and brush it completely over the dough. After that, I sprinkled some brown sugar and sugar on the top. Then I cut a little design in the top before I baked the pie. The MOST important part is that you stick some I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter under the cuts you just made. I honestly don’t remember why, but my mom told me this years ago, so I’ll listen to her. Tada! All done. (Well, that technically isn’t true, before you stick it in the oven, you’re going to want to heat it to 400 degrees. Then cook for about 45 minute. You’ll tell its done when the crust is golden brown and the juices are bubbly.
Now, if you’re interested in the cake batter rice krispies, here is what you will need:
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://www.reinventingerin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/IMG_2893.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]One Box of Rice Krispies
Funfetti Cake Mix: 3/4 cup
marshmallows: one bag
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter: 3 Tablespoons
Sprinkles (A handful or two) [/author_info] [/author]
This one is easy. First, melt the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and the marshmallows in a huge pan. Once they are lumpy and mostly melted pour in the rice krispies cereal, but you must do this part slowly. It’s tough to mix this around, so if you put too much cereal in at once, it’s going to be even harder to mix. When you’re getting pretty well mixed, I’d toss in a handful of sprinkles. Then you spread the coated rice krispies into a pan and you’ll want to put a bit more sprinkles on the top. THAT IS IT, FOLKS! Simple! I haven’t decided if I am going to frost these or not. Maybe I’ll just glaze them with white chocolate. Yum.
I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but I honestly love Country Crock and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. One of those two brands are always in my fridge, and I use them to cook all the time. Whether its simple as toast or mashed potatoes, or I’m cooking desserts for Thanksgiving…I’m a I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter FAN!
Thank you to Good to Know & Unilever Spreads for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.
I’m so lucky to have such wonderful men in my life.
I just wanted to say thank you for being great fathers, great role models and great friends to all my friends who are dads, to my brothers, my grandfather, my own wonderful father and to Mr. O, the love of my life.
Can you believe February is over? I honestly cannot. I feel as if it was just New Year’s Day, but two whole months have passed. Last month I promised you that I would be recapping my months for all of 2012, so since I like to keep my promises, here is February…
- I got LASIK eye surgery, and everything went so smoothly. I can see! This experience has been incredible, and I feel so fortunate for my great vision.
- Getting my first thesis packet back from Kim Dana Kupperman. She is an incredible mentor to work with, and I am so pumped for this semester.
- I signed up for Statejoy’s Fierce Love Course. I know I barely have time to sleep, and this is another thing I will need to make a priority, but you know what? I think it is a great decision. It is about time I make myself a priority in life. Plus, the lovely San and I decided to be Fierce Love buddies and keep each other in check.
- Mr. O and I ate lobsters again for Valentine’s Day, but this year we shared the meal with Wolverine and my parents.
- I started my 365 pictures goal for my 101 in 1001 challenge.
- My resolution for the month was to Purge! I kicked ass at that goal this month. I can’t wait to share all the pictures with you next month.
Stinky February Moments:
- Mr. O’s car has been giving him a bit of a hard time.
- This is my thesis semester. Boo. It is a lot of work. (I’m thinking this might be here every month).
- I feel like I did quite a bit of laundry this month. It isn’t so much that laundry is a bad thing, the problem is that Mr. O has pointed out to me (quite fairly) that my ironing skills are so-so at best. Que sera, sera. I tried.
Other Mentionable Moments:
- My grandmother turned 101 years old this month.
- My wonderful friends Sarah, Monica, Jim, Jenn, my cousin Briget, Mr. O’s sister, and my best friend’s mom all celebrated their birthdays.
- It is a Leap Year! I’m obviously unsure of what today will have in store for me, but I’m planning on making the best of it. I think Mr. O and I are going to write a note to us to be read the next leap year. That should be fun.
I’m looking forward to____ in March:
- Mr. O, Wolverine and I will be taking a weekend away in New Hampshire.
- Going to the Blog Better Boston Conference and meeting my lovely friend Kate (and new friends too!)
- Kicking ass with the new writing I need to do this semester.
- Putting effort into the Fierce Love Course.
February was an okay month. Everything seemed so busy. I have a lot of work and a lot of schoolwork to get done. Not sure how I am going to accomplish it all. Mr. O and I have been settling in quite well, and I love our routines and everyday life stuff. I’m worried about my friend whose husband, sister and niece are all extremely ill. I can’t wait until all my friends start having their babies! I’ve got one coming in March, one in April, another in May, one in July and one in September! I love infants. I can’t wait to hold one. Not much more to really say about February. It was a busy month. I felt a bit overwhelmed all month. It was a nice month though, not bad at all…just looking forward to March. I can’t wait until Spring is officially here.
Want to know more about my year? Check out the previous months:
Happy New Year Y’all!
I hope you had a safe and happy New Year’s Eve. The lovely Angela Noelle was kind enough to share these 1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Polar Bear Plunge on 1/1/11. Broke my foot. Traveled to PA and VT. Ate pho. Got my first real grown up tree. This list could go on an on and on.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t really make NY resolutions. I followed a Cuban tradition of eating 12 red grapes and making 12 goals or intentions as I like to call them. I think I did really great with my intentions. I did the same tradition again this year with Mr. O. Thank you Daisy for bring that into my life.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, actually, I don’t think so. But I do have two nieces who turned one this year, and now I have three close friends to me pregnant, and another real good friend too!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My sister-in-law’s grandfather. He was close to our family, and I do miss him when we have family gatherings. Plus, I didn’t like to see her hurt.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the United States in 2011!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
I have everything I need. But one thing I will get in 2012 (well, unless something goes drastically wrong) is a DIPLOMA!! I’ll have my MFA 🙂
7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I first saw Mr. O, and then every day between that and the first time he told me he loved me. It was the perfect beginning to a relationship.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
My 3rd semester project. I also felt very proud when I was elected by my peers to be our graduation speaker. Losing a little weight (to a # I hadn’t seen on the scale in a decade) although, I haven’t checked my weight in the past few weeks, and god knows I’ve gained a few pounds.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failure? Hmm. Nothing. If there was any time that I “failed” I definitely learned from those moments, and I can’t consider learning moments failures.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I broke my foot on 1/4/11.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Vacations? I like the iPhone, although I wish I didn’t drop my Droid in the ocean.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mr. O. He is kind and loving.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ha. I get appalled by people who are disrespectful. I sometimes feel sad FOR people when they act pathetically, but I’ve learned to not give any emotional response to people who don’t deserve it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The house fund. Or: school, vacations, Christmas and birthdays
15. What did you get really excited about?
Being in a happy, healthy relationship. Surprise presents from my guy. Our vacations, especially when Wolverine came with us. Learning how to cook.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
A song I love from John Legend
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Richer. House money safely in the bank and no credit card debt (well, after I get paid this week to finish paying the damn Christmas gifts)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Care about other people’s actions/thoughts. I only want to care about my own actions, and those of the people who are vital in my life.
20. How will you spend Christmas?
I spent it with Mr. O, Wolverine and both our families.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Oh, yes, yes I did. And if you couldn’t tell that from reading this blog, please get your vision checked.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t like television that much, but surprisingly, I loved New Girl and XFactor.
23. What was the best book you read?
Oh goodness. I read so much for school, I honestly do not know. I think my favorite thing I read was an essay at school in a workshop. I’ll remember the name and edit the blog when I do.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
SAde and John Legend together in concert. YES!
25. What did you want and get?
Two fantastic guys: Mr. O and Wolverine.
26. What did you want and not get?
In 2011 I received more than I could possibly ask for.
27. What was your favorite film of 2011?
Tough one. Well, we went to the theaters to see Transformers and Hangover. Those were good.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and went out with a bunch of great friends. Mr. O, my bestie and I went to lunch and the batting cages on my actual bday.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Buying a house is not as fun as it seems 😉
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011?
Stop trying to look “pretty” and feel “pretty” in what you already own. I guess I’m learning to dress in my own style, and not feeling like I have to wear the same thing as everybody else? Does that make sense?
31. What kept you sane?
Having great people- especially Mr. O and Wolverine- around me.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Osama Bin Ladin getting killed. After you have a friend die overseas, it is tough to understand the “War” as well as you thought you once did. Then to have the #1 Most Wanted person killed, it’s kind of like…What Now? Does his death justify my friend’s? And I personally can’t celebrate easily in another person being killed, so I had mixed emotions about that in general.
33. Who did you miss?
I missed Mr. O while I was away at school. And Wolverine, especially him this time around. People talk about the quirky things their kids say and do and it really makes me wonder what he is doing, and how school is and what books he is reading at night etc. I miss Poppa (my SIL’s grandfather) around the holidays and family parties. I miss Robert a bunch. I miss my dog Khiva here and there even though it has been 4 whole years since she has passed away.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Every single thing is a choice. Everything.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
In this life, we all know
Friends may come, and they may go
Through the years I know
I will stay
Days Until 2012: via
Tomorrow is a whole new year. 2011 has been very good to me. I wonder what 2012 will have in store. Many, many great moments, I am sure. I will be graduating, three of my very close friends will be having babies. I will have written a book… or two even, depending on how things go. I’m just looking forward to 2012. Thanks for traveling 2011 with me guys. I appreciate it.
Days Until 2012: via
Just wanted to say a quick hello and tell everyone out there (who celebrates it) Merry Christmas! I think this was my best Christmas of my whole life. More updates soon.
Only 8 More Days Until 2012. Unbelievable!
I love Christmas Eve. I do. It has always been one of my favorite days of the year. I used to get real let down during the holiday season. Well, at least in my twenties. Prior to that, my family made sure my holiday season was fabulous. But see, in my twenties, I put so much effort into gifts for everyone (I doubt this will ever change). The problem was that I bought too much. So, I think it hurt some of the people who didn’t or couldn’t spend much on me. I had to learn to try to keep to a budget with my fellow gift givers. But folks…my gift? The best gift I can get is to see the person I’m giving a gift to excited about their present. I Don’t want anything. I never really have. Don’t get me wrong, I could make you a list of books I’d like or clothing I wouldn’t mind owning or the latest gadget I think is cool. Of course, I like stuff. But when it comes time for holidays and birthdays, I feel very uncomfortable getting gifts.
Then after those early twenties, it was very tough for me to see my siblings moving on with their families. That is hard to write. I love their families. Their families are my families. I consider my sisters-in law my sisters. My nieces and nephew mean the entire world to me, but when push came to shove, their creating their own little families felt a lot like getting totally left behind. I was so happy for them; I loved to be a part of it, but I missed having a family. In a sense my family didn’t exist any more. When I was a kid, I had grandparents, parents and two siblings. That was my family (duh, I know that it still is). Now, my siblings have a family that I’m not part of.
I had my own family… me and Fenway. But then my family stole Fen and included her in their family (I’m thankful behind belief to share her with my parents, who provide for her more than I can give at times). So life wasn’t like it was when I lived in Virginia. In VA, it was just me and Fen (and the best roommates in the world when they were in town, lol). Now, Fenway belongs to my entire household.
So life around the holidays felt both extremely full and very empty. I felt like a part of the group, but like more of a witness than a key player. This isn’t to say that my family MADE me feel like this, because that is the farthest from the truth. My family ALWAYS includes me. It’s just a feeling I had. I can’t describe it well. I wish I could, but I can’t. It was little things, like feeling like I was forcing my brothers to do a Secret Santa between the five of us (them, their wives and little ol’ me). That tradition died this year when no one besides me wanted to keep it up. Whomp whomp whomp. Oh well, those bastards are all getting something from me now 😉
Anyway, I haven’t accomplished what I wanted to say at all in this post. I really hope that it doesn’t come off hardcore whiny, because I understand I am being whiny. I had a great family who loved me and did everything possible to make me feel included. I am the one who chose to feel like a loner. I understand that.
Back to the point. This holiday season I have two amazing incredible guys in my life. Mr. O and Wolverine are now my very own family. I am truly blessed with the most incredible little family I could ever dream up. And not just Mr. O and Wolverine. I now have extended family. I now have a new set of “parents” and a new “sister” and new “grandparents” even. They have all welcomed me into their lives straight since day one, and I couldn’t be more grateful for how included and cared for they have always made me feel. I feel selfish now for feeling so alone these past few years. I feel blessed beyond belief to have two huge (Mr. O’s family and mine-including my SILs’ families) families to celebrate with and shower presents upon.
But again, I still haven’t made my point. I’ve already been given the best gift this year. No… I haven’t opened any presents yet. Well, that is a lie. My grandparents gave me and Mr. O our gift. Thanks Mom Mom and Pop Pop! But besides that. My gifts are wrapped and I don’t know what I will be getting. I still have been given the most beautiful gift of all………
Last week Wolverine told me he loved me for the first time. I’m still in awe of how much that meant to me. I knew he obviously cared about me a super lot. I never doubted that, but to hear a child that you love with your whole heart tell you that he loves you is an amazing moment. I will never ever forget it. Plus, he kissed me for the first time. He’s been letting me give him bedtime kisses for a while now, but that night he made sure to give me a bedtime kiss. I slept very happily that evening.
I’m so in love with my two guys. I read something on Nora’s blog a while ago about how someone told her that the reason she met Knight and his two girls was because she had so much love to give, it was meant for more than one person. I think about that thought a lot. I’m fucking FULL of love. I’ve always known that I’ve given too much of myself to the men I’ve dated. I just didn’t know that the love I had was meant for two people, not one: Mr. O and Wolverine.
The most beautiful thing in the whole wide world is to have a family to call your own. I’m in love with my guys, and I could never ask for anything more.
9 more days until 2012!
We are officially in the single digits folks. In just nine more days, the year will no longer be 2011. Shoot, in just two more days it will be Christmas! Where does the time go?
I think I’ve narrowed it down to the problem with my blog being something between the WordPress for iPhone app (which I’ve never had a problem with) and my regular ol’ wordpress. I don’t get it, but every post published or edited with the iPhone app says “-Standard” near the posts name (when you look at it on the computer). Those posts are the ones that are messing things up. You can’t comment on them… you can’t click the title or any other links. I don’t know how to fix this! Help!
Well I got a bunch of stuff done yesterday. I wrapped the rest of my presents. Wolverine and I finished making Mr. O’s Christmas present (from Wolverine). I read another two workshop submissions for my upcoming residency, and I started packing for it (honestly, all I did was move my suitcase into a different room and throw a few pairs of socks in it. Don’t let me fool you).
I’d like to move the entire holiday season (after Thanksgiving) to the end of January. It would give us all so much more time to enjoy it and relax. I just never have time to enjoy it and no matter how hard I try, I feel like it always comes and goes, and then shortly after New Year’s I’m ready for it all. I’m also sooooo sad to have to ever get rid of my Christmas Tree. I wish I could keep it forEVER!
Days Until 2012: viaIt is time for a MEME! I used to love filling out those silly survey emails when I was a kid. The other day I got a tweet from Erin that just said Tag! I was like huh? Then I read her blog and realized she tagged me in the meme she completed. Holy, super excited batman! I’m in!
Here’s the rules.
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
- No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Facts About Myself
- I am afraid of bees.
- I quit smoking on November 1, 2007. Woot Woot.
- I’m learning how to cook now by cooking once a week and I have LOVED it every time.
- I love anything crafty. DIY projects are the highlight of my day (when I have time to do them).
- I’m trying to buy a house. This process is not as fun as I assumed it would be.
- However, decorating for my future house on Pinterest IS ABSOLUTELY so much fun.
- I just did a critical project on Facebook and Writing. Check it out.
- We have an Elf on the Shelf named Logan. I fricking love this thing.
- I thank the universe every single morning for the amazing relationship I am in.
- I just started my second 101 in 1001 project (You can check out the blog, but it hasn’t been updated in FOREVER!)
- I plan weddings and other events. Hire me. Oh, and I create flower designs too.
And the questions from Erin.
- Where is one place (city, state, or country) that you are dying to visit?
I don’t think I could fairly narrow this down. I’d love to go to Italy, Ireland, Vietnam, ehhh. I’ll stop here, but basically, I want to go EVERYWHERE!
- What is your bed time?
Damn, I wish I had a set bedtime. Honestly, it is whenever I fall asleep. For the most part, that is between 10:30 and 12:00 usually.
- What is one resolution or goal you have for 2012?
I try not to set specific resolutions, and I always have goals going, but I do have loads of intentions. I’d like to be a better student. It is my last semester, and I have so much writing to do. I’d like to be a more patient person, I’d to let other’s actions/moods affect me less than I currently let them. I’d like to blog more, and with better content.
- What would be your last supper?
Lobster, oysters, dumplings, pho, ice cream cake, sour patch kids, banana cream cheesecake, and some steak
- If you could eat a meal with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
A bunch of people jumped to mind, but I think in this very second, I’d like to meet Martin Luther King Jr. and just chat about our beliefs.
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is your dream job?
Professional napper or stay at home mom(who got paid for it) or college writing professor or writer
- Who is your hero?
My mom and my boyfriend
- When you need a snack, do you reach for sweet or salty? (Bonus points if you list your favorite snack.)
Sweet. Favorite snack is just about everything. I do love ice cream. Oh, I just made some smores pops (marshmallow covered in chocolate–the white chocolate ones surprisingly taste best!– and then smothered in crushed graham crackers). But if I wanted a mix of both, I do love me some chocolate covered pretzels, and some chocolate covered potato chips.
- Does your style have a signature? (For example, I’m known for bold colors and loud prints.)
Hmm, my signature varies through the years. If you ask my best friend, she’d say that I love prints. I guess I can admit to liking low cut shirts, but I can say its has been a while since I’ve worn one!
- What is your favorite book?
Drinking: A Love Story by Caroline Knapp
Okay here is where my questions come in!
- Where was your best vacation?
- Do you have a lucky #? What is it? If not, why?
- What is one job you’d never want to do?
- Favorite household chore? Least favorite?
- Who’s style do you admire most and why?
- Do you fall asleep with the music or tv on (or anything else?)
- Favorite fast food meal?
- If you could have any animal as a pet (esspecially the kind that aren’t usually pets though) what would you choose?
- If you won 100 Million in the lottery what are the first 5 things you would buy/pay off?
- Do you like receiving gifts? What was the best present you’ve ever gotten?
- Can you keep plants alive?
Days Until 2012: viaWordPress and I are in a fight. Yup, I said it. FIGHT.
- My most lovely friend from Her New Deal was kind enough to let me know my comments weren’t working (via twitter). Still don’t know how to fix that one, but I’m thinking an update/reinstall will help. I’ll save that for later tonight.
- The connection between my WordPress for iPhone and the WordPress computer version is flukey, which is so irritating! I don’t get it either, because I have never ever had a problem with it until maybe about 3 or 4 days ago. It started posting pictures, but not the content I wrote to go with the pictures. And then yesterday, I had no pictures in my post, but I had typed up a decent sized post on my phone and it didn’t publish any of the words! (Thank goodness I recognized that during the day, so I could shoot out a quick post on my computer and I didn’t mess up my NaBloPoMo).
- If you have a chance, swing by the blog and check it out (I’m assuming many of you read through some type of RSS reader. I’ve updated the posts for the past couple days with the missing content.
Enough whining. Let’s chat. Happy holidays folks. I hope you are all fully enjoying this season of holidays. I love that there are so many different types of celebrations depending on beliefs at this time. I love to learn about different religions or different customs. I’m a forever student. I want to constantly be learning.
Last night my Masshole Writers Group met to critique each others writing and do a holiday book swap. I’m super pumped to have been given a novel to read. With all these deadlines and requirements happening for school, I don’t read very often, but since I was given the book as a gift, you better believe I will read it!
I’m so fortunate to have such great friends. My Masshole friends, my blog friends, my school friends, my “real life” friends, etc.
12 Days Until 2012!
This is what I originally intended to appear on the blog on 12/20: I am one wild and crazy critiquing machine. Besides the 12 essays and 7 poems I need to read and critique (not including any of the seminars) for this upcoming residency, well there are three more submissions I need to prepare for tonight! I’m not complaining though, I love this. Tonight the Masshole Writers will be coming over for a buffet of Chinese food and an evening of writing discussion. It’s always a good time with these guys. We get off topic about every 5 to 6 seconds (something my brain is quite used to). It is a night I really cherish having every month. Two of the writers will be graduating the MFA program in a week or two (I can’t keep my dates straight) so I hope they continue meeting with us. We’re doing a book swap tonight, and I keep forgetting to wrap my book. Sigh.
This is what did originally post: Is anyone else having trouble with WordPress on their Iphones? For the past three days, I’ve been having trouble when I upload/change things on my phone….Today the whole post didn’t show up, but it posted a blank post…. What the heck?
Days Until 2012: via
Logan is quite the silly elf:
I think I completed my goal this year in regards to buying all my presents before my brother’s birthday (12/13). I’ve got 6 important birthdays and Christmas all within one month. It is not easy financially. I’ve got to be organized when it comes to shopping.
I think I mentioned that I finished my 3rd Semester Project: The Story Behind the Status. I was so excited for it to be complete, but I felt so strange the next day. Like, “What now? What do I do now that is complete?” Well, I have quite a bit that I can do now, so I’m not concerned, but it is sad to see the project completed. I know I can do more with it in the future, I just need to buckle down and finish my thesis now.
Thesis? Ugh. What shall I write about in my thesis? Here are a bunch of possible ideas that I have: 1) I could have written a memoir if I didn’t spend my time doing ________. 2)The process of buying a house 3)The important of integrating grapefruit, yogurt and cookies and cream chocolate into your diet. I could really use suggestions. What would you guys like to see me write about?
There are a lot of blog related things I need to do, like redesign this blog, or launch my new self hosted 101 in 1001 goals blog. Who wants to help me?
Also, does anyone have any suggestions of things I can try cooking for dinner? How about a chicken or pork recipe? I haven’t cooked with those much, so send them my way!
Anyone have freelance writing opportunities they want to share with me? I need to beef up my income a little, so point me in the right direction guys.
My anniversary with Mr. O is next month. What should I get/do for that dreamboat?
I love the tv show The New Girl.
I miss me some Gray’s Anatomy. I haven’t watched it once this season.