- Spry Literary Journal publishedÂ issue #1! This was such an exciting moment for myself, Linsey and the contributors who took a chance on Spry and were published in this issue.
- Logan has been the badass elf that he is. He has folded our laundry for us, swept the floor, took a bath, played games with our superheros. He brought us our Christmas tree (and got tangled in the lights) and painted Wolverine’s nose red like Rudolph when he slept.
- We are alive. December 21, 2012Â came and went and the world didn’t end. Phew.
- Iâ€™m doing a great job keeping up with my 365 photo project. As of today, I am on day 332. Nuts. I definitely need to update the blog with photos though.
Stinky December Moments:
- Saying goodbye to Logan the elf is always difficult. Not just for Wolverine, but for me too. He is such a fun part of our holiday season and I can’t wait to see him again in 2013.
- Mr. O’s grandfather passed away. We really missed him this Christmas and willÂ for a time to come.
Other Mentionable Moments:
- Baby Knox was born! Today is also my sister-in-law’s due date, so we shall see if the baby girl comes today, or if she is a 2013 baby!
- It was so wonderful to make the drive down to Ender’s Island for my MFA program’s Alumni Day. Next time, I hope to plan it better so that I can spend more time (or actually see!) with some of my friends. It felt great to be in class again, especially with Sonya Huber, who I wasn’t lucky enough to study under while attending FUMFA, as this was her first semester teaching in the low-residency program. The class was great, and I’m so glad I could attend.
Iâ€™m looking forward to____ in January (and in 2013!): A new year. As exciting and full of changes that 2012 was, it was also a very difficult year. A lot of people I care about experienced some very difficult, sad things this year. For me, 2012 was tough withÂ work, school, a new business, moving, everything happened at once. I am so thankful for the blessings and experiences from this year. It isn’t like 2012 was a bad year by any means, it was just a trying year. I have high hopes for 2013. I really do.Â I’m so excited about starting afresh and seeing what this new chapter in my life has in store for me. As for the little things–I’m excited to start a brand new 2013 Project Life binder. I’m excited to make new goals. I’m excited for issue #2 of Spry. I’m excited to spend more time with my loved ones.
Overall Thoughts: December was a really nice month. Between the holidays, my family birthdays, publishing Spry, work and other stuff, it was a very busy, full month. That being said, I think I did a pretty good job of being present this month. Every year I complain about being too busy and too rushed, and I think I did pretty good. December will always be a busy month in my life, and I need to learn to embrace that instead of fight against it. I had a nice month, a nice year, and now… I’m just looking forward to 2013.
Happy New Year’s Eve, y’all. I hope you have a safe, fun and memorable evening. I wish you a year filled with incredible experiences.
Want to know more about my experiences in 2012? Check out the previous months: January and February and March and April and May and June and July and August and September and October and November