- Wolverine’s football season ended on a high note. Not only did he score a touchdown during his last practice, but his team won during their championship game.
- Wolverine also got his first report card of first grade, and I’m happy to announce he got really good grades. To celebrate, I gave him new erasers 😉
- President Obama was reelected! I didn’t get an “I Voted!” sticker, but I’m quite pleased with the results.
- The reading period for Spry Literary Journal closed on a high note on November 15th. At this point, we have accepted or rejected all submissions and are working on the final edits and website prep. In just two weeks the inaugural issue of Spry should be live on our website. Also, have you checked out the insanely cool graphic Cisco made for issue #1?
- I’m doing a great job keeping up with my 365 photo project. As of today, I am on day 301. which means there are only 64 days left. That seems so weird to me.
- Mr. O and I are super close to being finished with our holiday shopping! BEFORE DECEMBER! We only have a few random small things to pick up, so it looks like I’ll meet one of my 101 in 1001 goals!
- Logan the Elf has returned! Trying to explain my level of excitement would be pretty impossible at this time.
Stinky November Moments:
- Rejecting work (and receiving rejections) is never easy. There were a lot of strong submission that we were seriously considering, and unfortunately, we can’t accept them all. So we rejected a lot. We tried to send personal rejections if we could, but we had hundreds of submissions, so we did the best we could. There are a few pieces in particular that stand out in my mind that I still wish we could have accepted. That being said, this is going to be a great issue, and I am really happy with what we will publish.
Other Mentionable Moments:
- Thanksgiving with my family and Mr. O’s was a really nice holiday.
- November 1st made five whole years since I quit smoking, and I am quite pleased with my success.
- Baby Knox was born!
- I shared some recipes with you for desserts: apple pie and cake batter rice krispies.
- My best friend (aka Cinderella) and Mr. O’s dad celebrated their birthdays.
- My friends threw a post-thanksgiving dinner for their friends and that was a blast.
I’m looking forward to____ in December: Publishing the first issue of Spry. I cannot believe that in about two weeks the first issue of my literary journal will be published. This is really exciting. Oh, and everything about the holidays; I’m not really a fan of the winter, but I am a fan of the holidays, so I try to enjoy it as much as possible. Our apartment is going to be overly decorated. I’m most excited about the tree. I love fresh Christmas trees.
Overall Thoughts: November was a nice month. I’m pleased with my Nablopomo effort- writing a blog post a day isn’t easy, no matter how well you plan. Mr. O and I had a lot of fun with the boys (Wolverine and my nephew) this month. We went to a few movies, the park, played football, games, a few sleepovers. We tried a few new desserts, made a few favorites. I finally caught up on Project life. I’m happy with this month. I’m looking forward to December and relaxing and enjoying the holidays.
Want to know more about my experiences in 2012? Check out the previous months: January and February and March and April and May and June and July and August and September and October