So last week I mentioned how I always want to do an end of the year recap, but I never seem to make time for it in January. I’m going to try to work around that for 2012 and better prepare myself. I’ve decided to end each month by writing a post which recaps the highlights (and pitfalls) that happened during the month. That way, at the end of 2012, my year will already be summed up for me.
- Mr. O and I did the Polar Bear Plunge. It was my second time and his first.
- I was chosen by my fellow classmates to be the graduation speaker in July!
- Officially living with Mr. O
- Finding out that Kim Dana Kupperman would be my thesis semester mentor!
- Mr. O and I celebrated our anniversary
- Finding out another super duper close friend is having a baby!
Stinky January Moments:
- I got sick right after I came back from school. Which means that I needed to take more time off of work after just being away for ten days.
- One of my very close friends who is pregnant fell at work and needed to be admitted to the hospital for a few days. Now she is on home rest for the rest of her pregnancy. But, things seem to be okay. She is still having a lot of issues, but the longer the baby stays inside, the better things will be. Stay in, baby. It is cold out here!
- When we moved, it was the day after a huge snowstorm, and Mr. O’s old landlord didn’t shovel the walks or the driveways. Not fun.
- Starting my thesis semester. Boo. Now, I could have mentioned this in the highlight section, as it is exciting to even be in my final semester of graduate school, but I chose to put it in the stinky section for a few reasons. 1)It means I’m going to have to work my ass off this semester. I’m lazy. 2) It means that I am going to graduate, and as cool as it will be to have MFA, I’m going to desperately miss my writing program.
- A person I care about found out that both her husband and sibling are very sick. I need my blogging friends to rally their positive, healing thoughts together to send good energy their way.
Other Mentionable Moments:
- My handsome nephew turned four years old.
- His mother- my sister-in-law- also had a birthday.
- My mentor from last semester celebrated another year of awesomeness as well. Happy bday PK!
- I finished my final residency in graduate school. Yes, I still have a residency in July to attend, but it will be a bit different since it will be my graduation residency. In July I’ll have to teach a seminar, give a reading of my work and graduate! It was an interesting residency since the septic broke on the island where we stay. But they were kind enough to put us up in hotels off island, so I can’t complain.
I’m looking forward to____ in February:
- LASIK eye surgery! I won’t lie; I’m quite nervous about this one.
- Valentine’s Day. Last year Mr. O and I had a perfect VDay. This year Wolverine will be joining us, so I’m sure it’s going to be absolutely epic.
- Kicking ass with the new writing I need to do this semester.
- A baby shower for one of my close friends
- A handful of birthdays for people I love a whole lot.